If you wear makeup, you should be wearing primer. If you haven't been using primer, you're missing out. Best quote I've read on this topic, "not to prime is a crime". So now that we got that out of the way, let's tackle why we should be wearing primer.
I know the image says 6 benefits of primer but I decided to give you a few more, you know, for extra credit:
- Say goodbye to your pores -- minimizes the appearance of pores
- Helps your makeup/foundation last longer
- Prepares the face for a smooth makeup application
- Filling in fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduce redness & wont irritate your skin
- Makes eyeshadow more intense & prevents creasing
- Gives your skin a luxurious & cool matte texture all day long
- Helps to hide imperfections that your skin has & create the "photoshopped" effect for your skin
So there you have it, primer is actually a godsend. If you haven't used one, I'm here to tell you-- What are you waiting for, product recommendations? I got you covered, some of my favorites are listed below:
Smashbox, Photo Finish Primer - First one I ever purchased & still a favorite
Guerlain, 'L'Or' Primer - Just too pretty to pass up, extremely hydrating & a must try.
Benefit, The Porefessional Mattifying Gel - Basic, clean & easy.