Lashes are having a moment. A big, thick, lush, sometimes even spidery moment. So what if you don't want to "fake falsies" What if all you really want is your lashes to look more, well, like your lashes? And of course, a little longer, fuller, fluffier. Even though you've been using mascara since you were 15, ok, maybe 13 (don't tell mom), doesn't make you a pro. We've rounded up the best products and tips to make your eyelashes stand out even more, while subtly lengthening and volumizing each strand without clumps. In the end, you'll look more like you got a really great set of extensions or were regimented with a lash growth serum rather than looking like you glued on a fringe set of falsies. First things first, make sure to always, always keep your lashes clean and brush them every day to help stimulate growth. We all know eyes are the window to our souls, so if that's the case, then we definitely want to make sure to take care of the curtains, aka our eyelashes!
- For a Lush, Full Look: Make sure to use a lash primer, it plumps up your lashes before mascara goes on. Place the wand at the roots in the center, wiggle the brush horizontally and pull outwards. This will help build volume and body. Don't forget to do the inner corners. If you want more length without the thickness, then focus more on the tips. Apply mascara, add some powder and add another layer of mascara.
To Achieve This Look, Try These:
- Lancome, CILS BOOSTER XL Super-Enhancing Mascara Base (Shop Now)
- Kevyn Aucoin, Volume Mascara (Shop Now)
- Christian Dior, Dior Show Mascara (Shop Now)
- For a No-Mascara Look: Sometimes you want that laid-back but still defined eye. Skip the mascara. Take your eyelash curler and run it under hot water to hear it up, wait a few seconds for it cool slightly. Curl your lashes -- the heat will allow your lashes to hold its shape. Another options is to forgo the curler and go for some length with just your mascara or a tinted primer.
- For a Special Occasion Look: When it comes to full impact lashes, we love to tightline your lash line to give you the fullness, curl your lashes with an eyelash curler and layer on your mascara -- at least two coats. Make sure to pick a mascara specific to the type of effect you are looking to achieve.
Some of Our Other Favorite Mascaras: